[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: visible hash tables
- To: edsel!jonl@LABREA.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Re: visible hash tables
- From: Dave.Touretzky@C.CS.CMU.EDU
- Date: Tue 17 May 88 03:07:40-EDT
- Cc: MLY@AI.AI.MIT.EDU, common-lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: <8805170651.AA03483@bhopal.lucid.com>
I'm didn't forget that hash tables have other parameters besides :type and
:size. I just didn't think it appropriate to include them in the #H notation,
in part because they're likely to be implementation-dependent.
For that matter, you can't fully reconstruct vectors and arrays from the #()
and #A notations either, since they omit properties like whether or not the
vector has a fill pointer, whether the array is adjustable or not, and whether
the array is one of :element-type T or some more restricted type.