visible hash table nit

Could you use #T instead of #H?

Right now symbolics uses make-hash-table as an interface to a system
which uses an "appropriate" representation for the size of the table
(alist or hash-table only, I think.)  One could imagine an
implementation which build a b-tree or whatever of its data (which would
still fit the GETHASH model, but wouldn't be a hash table in the strict
sense).

Touretzky, I don't know about your pedagogical needs (are you teaching
hashing functions too, or are they just a "black box" to your students?)
but in general it's better to hide the implementation from the user, and
a sort of a generic table representation seems "right."

Plus, I use #H for hosts.

david