replies to hash table comments

   Date: Tue, 24 May 88 17:31 EDT
   From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

   Here's my problem: This is a slippery slope: today it's hash tables,
   tomorrow it will be random-states, next week it will be CLOS objects,
   where will it end?  Also bear in mind that I hate the #A and #S syntaxes
   and disable them for output whenever I can.  I just don't like seeing
   huge amounts of output shoved in my face.  That leaves me predisposed to
   oppose proposals like this one.

Random-states have always been required to have a readable printed
representation.  We're already most of the way down the slope.