[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: constant folding/smashing
- To: ELIOT@cs.umass.edu, Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Re: constant folding/smashing
- From: cperdue@Sun.COM (Cris Perdue)
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 88 10:16:38 PDT
- Cc: common-lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
> (I don't count #.(make-hash-table...) because it's so gross.)
> I object to the characterization of doing something through the normal
> syntax, instead of inventing a special weird syntax that people have
> to learn as a special case, as "gross."
I would like to add my agreement to David Moon's statement. With the
#. readmacro you don't have to learn extra syntax to understand the
printed representation, and it is nothing if not adequately general.
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>