dynamic extent lisp objects

Speaking as a representative from a company that has a reasonably
successful lisp-based software product, having the ability to declare an
object to have dynamic extent is of great benefit in building a
practical lisp-based product.  I strongly support this addition to the
language.  I prefer the declaration form for many of the same reasons
already mentioned by its other advocates.  But I'd rather have either or
even some other syntax supporting similar functionality than nothing.
While I believe several of the other clean-up language changes are
beneficial and several of the proposed additions to the language are
useful, this is the first issue that I've been motivated to actively
support.  Being able to use a feature such as this can be the difference
between having a practical product that many customers can use and
having one that is impossible to deploy in many, if not most,
environments.

--Joe Ginder