Re: Arrays and vectors (again)

Perhaps we need devote no name to the notion denoted as char(bit)-sequence in
the RPG memorial proposal.  Wouldn't it just be OK to say that "string
functions" accept those things that satisfy :

	(typep THING '(array string-char 1))

People would probably refer to these things as "1 dimensional character
arrays" or something when talking about them, but it's not clear to me
that we need devote a special type specifier to them.  If naming is a
problem, then maybe the simple-switch version is the win.
-Joe
-------