HIC lambda macros

    Date: 4 October 1982 2341-EDT (Monday)
    From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
    To:   common-lisp at SU-AI
    Re:   HIC lambda macros

    I have a question about the proposed lambda macros: do they occupy the
    function name space, or a separate name space?  That is, can I have
    a lambda macro and also an ordinary macro with the same name?  Or
    a function and a lambda-macro with the same name?

They occupy a different namespace.  On the Lisp Machine, lambda macros
reside on the LAMBDA-MACRO property of their name.  However, there is
a function-spec to reference them by, so you don't need to know this.