/BALLOT/

~ b n n y y n y y y y y y n y y y y a i y m y y n n a y y
  1 3 1 - 3 * 1 2 - 1 * 2 2 2 1 2 2 * 3 2 2 - 1 1 * 1 2 -  Intensity
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Issue #

I have included an indication of how much I care about each issue in a
way that I hope will not choke Guy's voting machine.  1 means that I
will happily abide by the will of the majority; 2 means that I have a
definite preference; 3 means that this issue is very important to me; 4
means that this is a non-negotiable issue.  (There are no 4's here.)
- means that there is no other choice presented, and the one that is
presented seems OK.  A * means "see below".  The numbers on the third line
are just index numbers so that I can see what I'm doing.

6: I am in favor of adding the LOOP package as described (once it is
completed) to the language as a portable yellow pages module.  I feel
rather strongly that it is premature to add LOOP to the white pages.

11: Whatever is done about global vars, global constants should be the
same.  I oppose option 3 or any plan to make them look syntactically
different.

18. I now believe that RESTART is more trouble than it is worth.  I am
strongly opposed to any plan, such as option 3, that would add a RESTART
form but make it impossible to use this with the implicit block around a
DEFUN.  If you have to introduce a RESTARTABLE block, you may as
well use PROG/GO.

25: I seem to be unable to locate any explanation of why Lambda macros
are useful enough to be worth the bother.  Looks like needless hair to
me, but I seem to dimly recall some arguments for why they were needed.
I'm not passionately opposed, but every page full of hairy stuff in the
manual hurts us.