[no subject]

I was wondering..., could AREF and ASET be defined to work on hashtables?
Right now we have at least three conventions defined for referencing an
object via a key or index. We have "properties" working on symbols and
conveniently defined for lists, then arrays, and now hashtables. (Am I
leaving out anything? Alists?) Needing all of these for historical reasons
or otherwise is ok, but it sure would be nice to have ONE fully generic way of
accessing a "table," especially since other languages make it a point of
providing such a thing.

-gjc