[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
TYPEP warp implications
- To: labrea!Masinter.PA%Xerox.COM@labrea.stanford.edu
- Subject: TYPEP warp implications
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jan 88 19:20:07 PST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: "Larry_Masinter.PARC"@Xerox.COM's message of 8 Jan 88 14:56:16 PST (Friday) <880108-145707-2273@Xerox>
re: Wouldn't it be simpler, promote portability, and not cost very much to
require that arrays remember the element type they were created with?
Well, not necessarily the :element-type arguemnt per se, but a canonical
representation thereof. What you are suggesting is that we toss out
element-type "upgrading"; I could contemplate that. I wonder how others feel?
-- JonL --