Re: Order of arguments to sequence :TEST functions

    Date: Mon, 29 Feb 88 09:34 EST
    From: David C. Plummer <DCP@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    CLtL page 247 says
	    ... (funcall testfn item (keyfn x)) ...
    I'm curious to know why this order was chosen instead of
	    ... (funcall testfn (keyfn x) item) ...

My personal theory is that the order of the arguments to the TESTFN is
the same as their order in the `surface' call, i.e., in most (all?) of
the sequence functions, the ITEM appears before the sequence (and
therefore before each element X of the sequence).  This theory makes
it easy for me to remember the order of arguments to the TESTFN (so I
would hate to see the order changed).

-- Nick