Re: Correction

    Date: Fri, 24 Jul 87 13:33 EDT
    From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW@alderaan.scrc.symbolics.com>

    It seems to me that the use of lexical bindings around several methods
    is rather akin to the concept of "class variables".  (Except that you
    control the scope by lexical containment in the let, rather than having
    the scope always me the set of all methods of a class.)

To continue further from what Dan was saying, I believe that the
response to this type of thing in the past has been to suggest that the
class should be broken up into two classes.  In Gregor's example, the
LET would be replaced by a MARK-MIXIN, which would have the class
variable MARK.

						barmar