[KAHLE@Aquinas.Think.COM: defstruct request for common lisp]

    Date: Fri, 18 Sep 87 14:43:08 EDT
    From: gls@Think.COM

    Date: Sat, 12 Sep 87 17:07 EDT
    From: Brewster Kahle <KAHLE@Aquinas.Think.COM>
    Subject: defstruct request for common lisp
    To: gls@godot.think.com
    Moon: 4 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes since the full moon.

    I wish there were a function like:
     (struction-slots <structure-name>) that returns the list of slots of a
    defstruct.

    The obvious extension of this is to return the declarations and all, but
    I have never needed any of these.

    Im sure there are some hairy issues that I do not understand (like
    include), but I have wanted the vanilla version many times.

    -brewster

One idea that's been discussed that would do what you want, in fact do
something more general, is to redefine structures in terms of
object-oriented programming, if and after CLOS is accepted as part of
Common Lisp.  The basic idea is that CLOS would have a defined mechanism
for talking about slots and their properties.  I don't know whether
this idea is still current; I suspect it's mainly on the back burner
while the CLOS proposal itself is being finished.