[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
All arrays can be adjustable?
- To: navajo!DLA%DIAMOND.S4CC.Symbolics.COM@navajo.stanford.edu
- Subject: All arrays can be adjustable?
- From: email@example.com (Jon L White)
- Date: Wed, 20 May 87 22:45:04 PDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: David L. Andre's message of Tue, 19 May 87 22:21 EDT <870519222134.7.DLA@LIMPKIN.S4CC.Symbolics.COM>
Re: I don't think the issue is whether or not users can tell whether arrays
are simple or adjustable. . . .
Whether or not that is the issue with Loosemore's complaint, it is indeed a
requirement of Common Lisp -- a user need only do (typep x 'simple-array).
See CLtL page 34 where simple-array is defined as a subtype of array.
Note also that everywhere "subtype" is used, it means "proper subtype".
-- JonL --