SIMPLE-VECTOR

    Date: Wed, 3 Jun 87 18:03 EDT
    From: Robert W. Kerns <RWK@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	Date: Tue, 2 Jun 87 21:54 EDT
	From: Glenn S. Burke <gsb@JASPER.PALLADIAN.COM>
	Historically, SIMPLE-VECTOR is a contraction of SIMPLE-GENERAL-VECTOR

    ....this highly-specific and less
    useful thing is taking up the obvious name for a less-specific and more
    flexible and useful thing.  What would one call this more useful thing?
    SIMPLE-VECTOR-MAYBE-NOT-GENERAL?  SIMPLE-VECTOR-SPECIALIZED?
    SIMPLE-VECTOR-TWO-ARGUMENTS?

(SIMPLE-ARRAY * 1).  I don't think we need to add even more names for
subtypes of ARRAY to Common Lisp; there are already too many.

I of course would prefer to remove the whole concept of "simple arrays" from
Common Lisp.  But it's certainly not my decision.