Fixnums Bogus

Just to throw my two cents in...

It is undeniably a loophole that bignums don't have some
minimum size, because fixnums don't have a minimum size,
and thus one could "legally" get away with integers that
only need to be big enough to hold other "defined"
minimum values, such as ARRAY-DIMENSION-LIMIT,
which must be greater than 1024.

My question is: does anybody really use these constants
to conditionalize their programs?  It seems to me, either
an implementation will run your program, or not.

Without official validation, a system calling itself a
"Common Lisp" can only be refering to its "spirit",
(-: which likes to float around in a large virtual memory
    with many friends who speak microcode :-)

Kelly