OR if some argument returns no values

To Rem at IMSSS:

    The manual doesn't say as far as I can tell what OR is supposed to do
    if one of the arguments doesn't return any values at all.

Page 133-134:

"If the caller of a function does not request multiple values, but the
called function returns multiple values, then the first value is given
to the caller and all the other values are discarded; if the called
function produces zero values, then the caller gets NIL as a value."

OR, COND, and friends do not expect multiple values from the sub-forms,
except in certain tail-recursive poisitions.

Seems pretty clear to me.  Whether you like this behavior is another
question.

-- Scott