[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Replies to Extension to MAP
- To: VERACSD@a.isi.edu, email@example.com
- Subject: Replies to Extension to MAP
- From: Guy Steele <gls@Think.COM>
- Date: Wed, 25 Mar 87 16:20 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[A.ISI.EDU]23-Mar-87 14:45:49.VERACSD>
I really shouldn't, but I will...
How about, if the first arg to MAP is an integer, it specifies
which argument should be clobbered? This doesn't allow an
unrelated sequence to be be clobbered, of course, but it does
allow the common case of an in-place MAP operation.
(MAP 1 FN SEQ1 SEQ2) ;clobbers SEQ1 with answers
(MAP 2 FN SEQ1 SEQ2) ;clobbers SEQ2 with answers