[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Numerical Comparison: "required coercions"
- To: Moon@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com
- Subject: Re: Numerical Comparison: "required coercions"
- From: fateman@mike.Berkeley.EDU (Richard Fateman)
- Date: Wed, 25 Mar 87 23:18:49 PST
- Resent-date: Thu, 26 Mar 87 16:33 EST
- Resent-from: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Resent-message-id: <870326163309.5.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Resent-to: Common-Lisp@sail.stanford.edu
mixed mode is not covered in IEEE standard. The assumption of
most people is, I think that the smaller format is zero-extended
and then compared. Rational numbers are not part of the IEEE
standard, and that is where jonl's point comes up. This was
discussed a year ago, or so.