all symbols [and delayed mail]

[The following message was sent when the "775 LISP symbols" was a hot
topic.  Unfortunately, the gateway at navajo.stanford.edu seems to be
a bit recalcitrant -- a problem suffered all too often.]

Date: Fri, 10 Apr 87 17:33:35 PST
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <navajo!MAILER-DAEMON>
Subject: Returned mail: Cannot send message for 3 days
To: bhopal!jonl@edsel.com

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 87 15:06:28 PDT
From: edsel!bhopal!jonl (Jon L White)
To: navajo!smh%EMS.MEDIA.MIT.EDU
Cc: navajo!DALY%ibm.com,
        navajo!common-lisp%sail navajo!hornig%QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
Subject:  all symbols

I don't think SIZE belongs in the Lisp package -- it isn't one of the
symbols mentioned in CLtL, p160, as optimization qualities.  Perhaps
it is a Franz extension?

As to how it came about that Symbolics has 775 symbols: it occured
nearly a year ago, before the Franz-circulated list I believe, as a
consequence of a cooperative effort between Symbolics and Lucid.
I found the following msg header in my old mail file: