maplist and lists

    Date: Tue, 6 Jan 87 11:07 EST
    From: Brad Miller <miller@ACORN.CS.ROCHESTER.EDU>

    Is there a particular motivation for not having maplist work on dotted lists?
    It seems to me to be well defined (and useful) to do so, but CLtL states that
    functions described as taking lists as arguments only really take true lists.

    For example
    (maplist #'(lambda (x) x) '(a b . c))
    ((a b . c) (b . c) c)

    I'd like to see the definition extended to require maplist to take true and
    dotted lists.... This is an upward compatible extension.

What do you want
	(maplist #'list '(1 2 3 . 4) '(a b . c) '(x y z w q r s))
to return, and why?  What I'm asking for is your "well defined"
definition.