Re: preprocessor-based Common Lisps

> Is the fact that the DEFUN special form in Symbolics Common Lisp
> fully macro-expands the body before storing the interpreted function
> as the definition of its name the sort of thing you are looking for?

Yes, I would be interested in that type of preprocessing.  I think my second
note gave a more accurate description of what I was looking for than my first
one.  Specifically, I would like to know how the interpreted function is
stored (internal representation or simply macro-expanded source code), and
if the original source code is kept around for debugging purposes).  I have
Symbolics manuals (Release 5.0) in case you could give me a pointer on this
if it is discussed in the manual.  Otherwise, I would appreciate any
information you could supply about the extend to which preprocessing is used.

	John Diamant
	diamant%hpfclp@hplabs.HP.COM