[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Just to clarify...
- To: common-lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: Just to clarify...
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1987 01:36:00 -0000
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
The fact that I forwarded Scott Safier's suggestion didn't imply that I
was endorsing it. In fact, I tend to agree with Skef on this: these
functions already have too many arguments, and if you need temporary
package rebinding, that is easily accomplished with a user-defined
For the record, it is legitimate to rasie new issues directly on the
Common Lisp bboard. I long ago gave up the attempt to focus this forum
on a small number of issues. But please bear in mind that mail sent to
Common Lisp goes to a *LOT* of people, so think about your message
before you send it.