Re: Binding terminology

I hate to bother the whole mailing list with this, but it seems
necessary, since I've been mistaken as saying something biased
towards shallow binding.

I don't think you understood what I said.  What I said has nothing to do
with implementation.  Dynamic variables are changeable because when a
dynamic variable is referenced, that reference can refer at different
times to name/value associations created at different places in the
program.  This is more changeable than lexical variables, where a given
reference always refers to a name/value association created at the same
place in the program.