printing structures

    Date: Friday, 3 October 1986  23:57-EDT
    From: Dave.Touretzky at A.CS.CMU.EDU

    I second Ramin Zabih's suggestion that the default way to print a structure
    should be to NOT show its components.  If Common Lisp has to specify a
    default print convention, the #<SHIP 1234567> notation is a better choice.

I third the suggestion, and further suggest *print-structure* control
the action of the printer on structures (a la *print-array*), and default
to not show components.

These two are just general cases of "*print-readably*", so to speak;
perhaps we should generalize?

	-- Richard Soley