Re: hash table question

    Date: Mon, 24 Nov 86 18:39 EST
    From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW@ALDERAAN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    No, it doesn't always return true.  sxhash is an "equal" hash, returning
    the same value for equal structures, even if they're not eq.

Fine.  So what happens if the cons I just clobbered was being used as a
key in an "eq" hash table?  Certainly the original cons is still "eq" to
itself after it's been clobbered.  Does this mean that an "eq" hash table
*can't* look at the contents of an object to compute a hash index?

(Actually, I can't think of any reason why one would *want* to perform
destructive operations on an object that is being used as a hash key, and
would be happy to see this made "an error".)

-Sandra
-------