type-of

I had once thought of using TYPE-OF in the situation where I knew something
was a defstruct, but didn't know it's name/type;  however, just knowing that
something is an instance of a defstruct isn't a portable question right now.

Wasn't there a suggestion some time ago to have a new primitive function
(or functions) for asking just these kinds of questions; i.e., is an object
an instance of a structure defined without the :type option? and if so, what
is its type name?

-- JonL --