Re: exit-to-system

    Date: Wed, 30 Jul 86 12:12 EDT
    From: Bernard S. Greenberg <BSG@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    The name QUIT does not sound reasonable.  Quit what?  Is ease of typing
    an issue, for something which is typed once per session and probably
    appears once in even the largest subsystem?  EXIT-LISP sounds much
    better.    I can easily (and have) had internal functions, and macros
    called QUIT.  I don't think the name should be used up in this way.

I agree with Bernie on this one.  EXIT-LISP is better than QUIT.  I used
to work on a system that had  a very uniform command set and  QUIT meant
"exit" from almost every one of the subsystems.  Other system used EXIT.
If a programmer wants to  put an escape out  of lisp in their  code then
EXIT-LISP is the right thing.  Vendors may wish to incorporate their own
QUIT or EXIT functions  so that users  will know how  to get out  of the
interpreter.

  -- Dave