[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Documentation strings and function.
- To: Bobrow.pa@Xerox.COM, Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Re: Documentation strings and function.
- From: David C. Plummer <DCP@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Thu, 4 Sep 86 18:36 EDT
- Cc: allen@BFLY-VAX.BBN.COM, Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <860904-140040-1592@Xerox>
Personally, I usually put the documentation strings after the
declarations. One also has to consider macros expanding into both
documentation strings (is this really allowed?) as well as declarations.
The "simple parsing program" you allude to has been proposed under the
name of PARSE-BODY, but partly with my flaming seems to have been
stalled in committee.