[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: ELIOT%cs.umass.edu@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA, Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Programmer Notes
- From: David C. Plummer <DCP@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 8 Sep 86 11:57 EDT
- In-reply-to: The message of 5 Sep 86 20:40 EDT from ELIOT%cs.umass.edu@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Re: ... try using ---, since CLtL has forbidden (unquoted) symbols
consisting soley of dots.
I think it is a VERY BAD idea to encourage "really nice CL envirnoment"
to extend the concept of documentation strings to multiple documentation
strings. That is encouraging >gratuitous< incompatibility. We should
decide what we want and make the description and the prose match the