Vectors versus Arrays (concluded)

My view on vectors (reprise) is that there should at least be a series of
vector functions and a description of them in the manual, and this
description ought to be separate from the array description except for
adjacency in the manual or other cross-referencing; this satisifies
cognitive simplification (I believe). Vectors can have exactly the
semantics of 1-dimensional puppy arrays - or whatever they were called -
and implementations are free to implement vectors as these arrays, the
implementation being trivial. If other implementations care to implement
them in some other funny way for whatever reason, they may do so.
Compilers can optimize on the vector operation names, on declarations, or
on brilliant insight, as desired. I believe this largely revives the
pre-August 21 situation with some simplifications.
			-rpg-