[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Bawden's Alternate Proposal
- To: "common-lisp" <common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA>
- Subject: Bawden's Alternate Proposal
- From: "BACH::GREEK" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1986 20:34:00 -0000
- Reply-to: "BACH::GREEK" <email@example.com>
(FLET ((FOO (X) (FOO X X)))
(DECLARE (FUNCTION FOO (INTEGER) INTEGER))
... (FOO 5) ...)
The declaration for FOO would pertain to both the locally-defined
FOO and the outer FOO used in its body. That's two different FOOs,
and the declaration is going to be a lie for one or the other!
A single declaration should never be able to refer to two different
entities with the same name.