Re: Declarations

    Date: 22 Jul 86 10:21:00 EST
    From: "BACH::GREEK" <greek%bach.decnet@hudson.dec.com>
    To: "common-lisp" <common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA>
    Subject: Declarations

    I think we should be very careful about declarations which can pertain
    to more than one entity with the same name.  Nick's proposal that all
    declaration are pervasive brings out this problem in spades.  I think it
    is dangerous, since a declaration could easily tell a lie about one or
    the other of the two entities.

    - Paul

I think you mean Alan Bawden's proposal.  I did not propose that all
declarations should be pervasive (only one's not associated with
bindings in the current contour).  And I agree that such a simple rule
for decls is dangerous.

-- Nick