Re: Argument lists

    Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1986  23:25 EDT
    From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
    To:   common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
    Subject: Argument lists

    Perhaps we can try to converge on the argument-list business.  Nick
    Gall's proposal seems to be the leading contender for a low-cost
    standard way of finding out how a function may legally be called.  This
    is an upward-compatible extension to the language:

    (function-parameter <function>)

I think this is a typo.  Should be function-parameters.

    (function-parameter-names <function>)

    Takes one argument which must be a function, not a macro or special
    form.

    Returns two values:

    1. A list containing the symbols naming the required, optional, and rest
       parameters, in order, if this information is available; NIL
       otherwise.
    2. T if the list returned as value 1 is valid; NIL otherwise.