Argument lists

    Date: Tue, 1 Jul 86 10:13 EST
    From: mike%gold-hill-acorn@mit-live-oak.ARPA

	Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1986  23:25 EDT
	From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>

	Perhaps we can try to converge on the argument-list business.  Nick
	Gall's proposal seems to be the leading contender for a low-cost
	standard way of finding out how a function may legally be called.  This
	is an upward-compatible extension to the language:

    I still think the right thing to do is to make (type-of <function>)
    return a type signature for the function.

The problem is more general than that.  Sometimes you just want the
word FUNCTION and sometimes the more elaborate thing.  There is not
enough control over what TYPE-OF returns, and that, in turn, is because
there are many possible types to which an object might belong.
--Guy