GC, exit-to-system

In the discussion of our committee,
we wondered why the names of the functions for
 gc, and exit to system
are NOT defined in CL.
I am only thinking of the interface naming, not the contents, like editor
interface is defined in CL but the editor subsystem is not defined yet.

I think the unified name for them can be defined in CL.
like,
 GC &optional parameters        [function]
 and
 BYE                            [function]

There are lots of names for the function to exit to system.
like, (bye) , (exit),  (quit), ...

As an user and as a teacher, I feel happy if the name is only one for
exit-to-system function.
The needs to define a unique name is for user convenience.

As to GC, it is not defined in CL too.
Of cause, there are several ways of GC techniques, and
there are several systems which do not have GC.
We discussed about the needs to define a unique name for it.
We found there are not so much needs, but for writing  bench marking
software library.
If we might wanted to stick defining a name for GC, we might found
several situation which need a unique name for GC.

Masayuki Ida
-----

PS: attached is the mail from Scott Fahlman as a reply to my mail.