Case sensitive reading.

I no longer follow this mailing list, but i'm
told that someone recently suggested that
there be some mechanism for turning on case-sensitivity
in the reader.  As evidence for a need for this, I recently
wrote a simple package to analyze some C code.  I discovered,
to my annoyance, that the only way to preserve the case info
(which I needed) was to copy the read-token function from
the common lisp source, remove the char-upcase calls, and then make a new
readtable with each call to read-token replaced with a call to my
version !  Not good.

 Lee Schumacher
-------