[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is &body REALLY like &rest?
- To: Pavel.pa@Xerox.COM, Common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Is &body REALLY like &rest?
- From: Guy Steele <gls@Think.COM>
- Date: Thu, 29 May 86 16:58 EDT
- Cc: gls@AQUINAS
- In-reply-to: <860528-160852-1701@Xerox>
Date: 28 May 86 16:08 PDT
Another in a long series of clarifications of clarifications is
In CLtL, page 145, it says
``&body This is identical in function to &rest...''
In Guy's clarifications, it says
``145 Extend the syntax of an &body parameter to DEFMACRO to allow
&body (body-var [declarations-var [doc-var]])''
so as to make it easy to call PARSE-BODY.
I agree with KMP's remarks on this subject. I would also like to point
out that this change is, I believe, not from the list of clarifications
but from the list of suggested changes.