[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Environment Query Functions.
- To: "common-lisp" <common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA>
- Subject: Environment Query Functions.
- From: "BARTOK::GREEK" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 01 May 1986 13:40:00 -0000
- Reply-to: "BARTOK::GREEK" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I think the environment query functions like MACHINE-TYPE ought to be
limited to human-readable information. If programs need to make
decisions based on this information they should use te *FEATURES* list.
All that aside, I certainly agree that a lot of this information needs
to be registered. I volunteered to be the registrar about six months
ago, but that led nowhere. Who really wants to be restricted in what
they can do?