SYMBOL-FUNCTION

    I propose that we adopt the distinction between a FUNCTION OBJECT
    and a FUNCTION NAME mentioned on pg. 59.  By this
    definition, lambda-expressions and symbols would be FUNCTION NAMES,
    but NOT function objects (this restriction is mine, pg. 59 would need
    to be 'clarified' :->).  Compiled-code objects and closures would be
    the ONLY CL defined FUNCTIONS (i.e., FUNCTION DEFINITIONS or FUNCTION
    OBJECTS).

I agree that something like this is badly needed in the next official
document (presumably the one for ANSI) to clear up all the ambiguity
about what is a function.  I'm not sure that we want to make lambda
expressions function names rather than function objects, however.  I'll
have to think about that one.

-- Scott