block/tagbody and catch/throw

Am I the only person who finds the descriptions of the interaction between
block/tagbody and catch/throw in CLtL confusing?  On both pages 120 and 131,
it's mentioned that the lexical scoping of the block/tag names "has
consequences that may be suprising to users".  What are these consequences?
After being told that my intuitions about their behavior may be wrong, it's
confusing to be told in the very next sentence that the examples work "as
one might expect"; at this point, I don't really know *what* to expect!  It
would be helpful to describe the behavior of the examples in more detail
instead of resorting to hand-waving.  The reference to "breaking up catchers"
in the following paragraph should also be explained in more detail.

-Sandra
-------