Bit fields in structures.

I agree with Rob that we should stay away from this issue.  In particular,
if people want features for interfacing with alien languages, then
Common LISP should include an alien structure and alien routine facility,
separate from the rest of the language.  I think this for two reasons.

1.  There are a lot of features needed to adequately support alien
    languages, and we ought to put them in one place instead of
    sprinkling them around the language.

2.  We could all too easily invent features that some implementations
    couldn't handle.  This is less likely if there is one facility,
    carefully designed, with hooks for additional system-dependent
    goodies.

- Paul
------