[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How many name spaces in CL?
- To: gls@AQUINAS.THINK.COM
- Subject: How many name spaces in CL?
- From: "George J. Carrette" <GJC@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 86 07:46:13 EST
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of Wed 12 Mar 86 10:27 EST from Guy Steele <gls at THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA>
I've been trying to come up with a complete list of name spaces in CL.
So far I have:
0. SPECIAL FORM
1. lexical bound function, e.g. FLET
2. global function, SYMBOL-FUNCTION, presumably DEFUN?
3. lexical value. LET, SETQ.
4. fluid value. LET, SETQ, semantics overloaded via special declaration.
5. GO TAGBODY
6. BLOCK NAME
7. CATCH TAG
8. TYPE SPECIFIER
9. PACKAGE NAME
Did I leave any out? It might be nice to have a table of these in the CL
manual. Columns with entries for the binding and setting constructs,
or an "X" if no construct.
With so many name spaces already it is unfortnate there is no
construct for defining new name spaces.