[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How many name spaces in CL?
- To: "George J. Carrette" <GJC@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Subject: How many name spaces in CL?
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1986 14:48:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 14 Mar 1986 07:46-EST from George J. Carrette <GJC at MC.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
WHy would anyone want to enumerate this set? There are a bunch of
obvious members, and then they get kind of arguable and trail off into
With so many name spaces already it is unfortnate there is no
construct for defining new name spaces.
There are several such mechanisms: hashtables, property lists, macros...
it all depends on how you choose to look at the result.