[ART@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA: Another reader macro]

I'd like to see the combination #! be reserved for something more
important and interesting than comment out a single expression.  The #|
... |# does this job perfectly well, except that you need to find the
end of the thing you are commenting out: only one or two extra
keystrokes in a decent editor.  Is suppose that if doing this as a pure
prefix were deemed useful, we could adopt the convention that the
feature T is always present in all Common Lisps, so that #-T would do
the right thing.

[It's really too bad that some people decided that T and NIL were cute
names for Lisp dialects.  Would #-T run afoul of someone's T-language
emulation package?]

-- Scott