Re: [ART@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA: Another

    Date: Tue, 18 Mar 86 14:33:57 cst
    From: preece%ccvaxa@gswd-vms (Scott E. Preece)

    > From: David A. Moon <Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
    >
    >     Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1986  10:42 EST
    >     From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
    >

    >     I'd like to see the combination #! be reserved for something more
    >     important and interesting than comment out a single expression.
    >
    > We typically use #+IGNORE for this, although personally I'm a big fan
    > of semicolon for comments.
    ----------
    So, why not use "#;", which the book says is undefined?  Seems
    reasonably mnemonic to make it "ignore s-expression" given that
    ";" is "ignore-rest-of-line".

    --
    scott preece
    gould/csd - urbana

I don't think this is in the domain of the language, since there is
already a perfectly good way (two actually: ; and #|...|#) to comment
something out.  The responses so far have shown that several people have
different ways to accomplish the goal.  Mine is #+++ignore (and to put
temporary code in that really shouldn't be there, I use #---ignore <form>)
on the grounds that I can later search for --- and +++ as markers for
things needing attention.