Re: [ART@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA: Another

    Date: Tue, 18 Mar 86 17:36 EST
    From: Guy Steele <gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA>

	    >     Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1986  10:42 EST
	    >     From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
	    >     I'd like to see the combination #! be reserved for something more
	    >     important and interesting than comment out a single expression.
    ....The problem with
    either of these methods, however, is that both ; and #| are forced to
    treat their contents as unstructured text, and therefore many editors
    cannot deal with editing the code in its commented-out state (it won't
    indent properly, etc.).

Our editor uses #|| ... ||# as a way to comment out structured text.  This
is just a convention and doesn't involve an actual extension to Common Lisp.
I'm not sure whether editor conventions are properly in the domain of the
Common Lisp language specification, though.