Predicates for all type specifier symbols

Why aren't there predicate functions for ALL the type specifier
symbols in Table 4-1 (pg 43)?  The following type sepecs. lack an
associated predicate (I think):
bignum
bit
double-float
fixnum
long-float
nil
ratio
sequence
short-float
simple-array
single-float

(and the proposed)
signed-byte
unsigned-byte

Its a pain having to keep track of which ones have predicates and
which ones don't.

Also, If we had TP and NILP we would have the TRUE and FALSE functions
that KMP was asking for!

While I'm on this Table, let me suggest a few more type specs:
closure
form
lambda-expression
place
printed
readable-object {covers only those objects that can posssibly have a readable
                 representation.}
type-specifier
boolean {equiv. to (member t nil)}
function-name {covers only those objects that may be an arg of the
               FUNCTION special form; equiv. to
               (or symbol lambda-expression)}
function-definition {covers only those things that symbol-function
                     returns}

	-- Nick