[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Collecting proposals for packages, readtables, etc.
- To: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Collecting proposals for packages, readtables, etc.
- From: Jonathan A Rees <JAR@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 86 13:07:08 EST
- In-reply-to: Msg of 0 0 00:00:00 EST from BACH::GREEK <greek%bach.decnet at hudson.dec.com>
While the discussion about the relationship between compilation
environment and load environment has been interesting, and the problem
is important (and probably insoluble, given CL's compilation and
modularity paradigms), I want to point out that my message of a couple
days ago, which apparently started this, was asking something very
different and much simpler. I simply want to be able to set the
readtable (and package) with which a *source* file will be *read* by
COMPILE-FILE and LOAD. Symbolics Common Lisp gives me no way to do
this, and I wanted to know whether people felt that CL was defined in
such a way that COMPILE-FILE and LOAD, in the absence of standard
(IN-PACKAGE, EVAL-WHEN, etc.) and nonstandard (-*- Syntax: ... -*-)
bindings of package and readtable, are required to respect the bindings
in effect when they are invoked. If so, then I should report a bug in
Symbolics Common Lisp.