[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What does LOAD use for read table & package?
- To: Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: What does LOAD use for read table & package?
- From: "George J. Carrette" <GJC@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 86 07:41:29 EST
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of Sun 2 Mar 1986 00:31 EST from Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman at C.CS.CMU.EDU>
Looking back through the *anals* (sic) of BUG-LISPM at MIT you will find
my objections to the the "-*-" crock too. But you dont get the point of
"To be actually suggesting that users can use -*- without fear,
and that it IS PORTABLE. This is because there are many
machines that support it now in a consistent way, and since
other machines IGNORE it then users are free to implement it
Any of RWK's suggestions would be easy to implement and very servicable
to the community, in my experience.